During a limited engagement in the Oculus at Westfield World Trade Center, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel came to life with breathtaking life-size replicas! Thanks to some state-of-the-art technology, the ceiling paintings from the Sistine Chapel were reproduced in full scale and were put on display for all to see. Inspect the artwork from afar or up close – either way, this is an art spectacle like you’ve never seen before!
Feast your eyes on sections of the Sistine Chapel from A (Adam) to Z (Last Judgment)!
Each panel has a brief description of what you’re looking at. On top of that, an audio guide is also available for those who are interested.
Get lost within the display of 34 works of art straight from Rome!
The details were exquisite and though the exhibit was brief, it’s a must for any Renaissance art fan.
And what was great about seeing it in the Oculus was that you could view these pieces not only from within the exhibit itself, but from many vantage points throughout the mall.
Here’s a favorite shot of mine from one of the balconies inside:
But the only way to get the best look at Michelangelo’s masterpiece is to step inside and get “up close”!
Be sure to hurry! Though its time in the Oculus is over (6/23/17 to 7/23/17), the exhibit is continuing their 8-city tour, leaving just 7 locations for the next year.
See if any are at a mall near you:
- Westfield Garden State Plaza (Paramus, NJ) – 9/1/17 to 10/15/17
- Westfield Topanga (Los Angeles, CA) – 11/3/17 to 12/31/17
- Westfield Galleria at Roseville (Roseville, CA) – 1/12/18 to 2/18/18
- Westfield Southcenter (Seattle, WA) – 3/1/18 to 4/8/18
- Westfield Old Orchard (Skokie, IL) – 4/27/18 to 6/3/18
- Westfield Annapolis (Annapolis, MD) – 6/4/18 to 7/22/18
- Westfield UTC (San Diego, CA) – 8/9/18 to 9/23/18
Get tickets here!