Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters May 25, 2018 but that doesn’t mean we can’t get a head-start on merchandise!
Believe it or not, Denny’s heads into lightspeed first this week with the release of a limited time Star Wars inspired menu and exclusive Topps trading cards (with a portion of the card sales going to the No Kid Hungry program). It’s charitable, it’s meant for Star Wars fans, and to my surprise it was tasty too!
From April 4 to June 25 (or while supplies last), Denny’s is offering 4 Star Wars themed dishes and 1 milkshake:
- Lightspeed Slam: Fit Slam® with egg whites scrambled together with fresh spinach and grape tomatoes, plus two turkey bacon strips, an English muffin and seasonal fruit.
- Two Moons Skillet: Diced ham, fresh spinach, sautéed mushrooms and hash browns. Topped with Gouda cheese sauce, Cheddar cheese and two eggs.
- Blaster Fire Burger: Chipotle Gouda cheese, bacon and spicy Ghost Pepper sauce top a hand-pressed 100% beef patty. Served with lettuce, tomato, red onions and pickles on a brioche bun and with a choice of side.
- Co-Reactor Pancake Breakfast: Two buttermilk pancakes topped with fresh strawberries, strawberry sauce and whipped cream, plus a side of Crystal Crunch Rocks and a pitcher of warm citrus sauce to pour over your pancakes to make ’em go pop. Served with two eggs, hash browns and your choice of two bacon strips or two sausage links.
- Crystal Crunch Your Milkshake: Crystal Crunch Rocks added to your favorite milk shake flavor.
Everything inside Denny’s was Solo-fied. Signage, menus, placemats, and even employees donning red Solo themed t-shirts while offering Solo branded gift cards:
I ordered the Two Moons Skillet and browsed all the imagery while waiting. That’s where you can discover that they’re also selling limited edition collector cups and exclusive trading card packs by Topps!
The cards were the main reason I took the trip to find a Denny’s in the first place – so I passed on the cups and tried to figure out how to complete a set of 12 cards.
But this was no easy task because although they’re packed in two’s, they’re randomly sealed in foil packs:
(I’ll be updating this post once I open up all my packs and hopefully I’ll have completed my 12 card set!)
The 2 cards + 1 coupon pack is $3 each, and Denny’s will donate a minimum of $1.75 for each purchase, with a minimum guaranteed total donation of $1,000,000! I was thrilled to buy plenty of packs and eat, knowing that we’re also doing some good in return.
When my server brought me my meal, I was pleasantly surprised! I’d never eaten at a Denny’s before (at least not to my recollection) and Star Wars dish or not, the skillet was delicious!
The eggs were perfect and the combination of flavors totally hit the spot. Sizzling hot, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.
Why couldn’t there be a closer location to me?
Maybe you’re more fortunate than I, so hurry in to Denny’s because once the hyperdrive is fixed, you won’t see this promotion again!